Jay hit a major milestone last night. At least Joe and I think it is major (say it like Posh, please 🙂 ha ha). Jay slept through the night all by himself in his own bed for the first time ever!!!! It only took 2 years, 8 months and 6 days. He went to bed at 8:00 PM all by himself and didn’t wake up until 6:45 AM. It would have been an awesome night for me if I wouldn’t have had to get up for the bathroom and blasted leg cramps. Plus I get hot and throw the covers off and Joe’s on the other side of the bed buried under two blankets.

Yesterday was a no-school day. Mondays are not good school-free days. It’s my big laundry day and post-weekend clean-up day. The boys were good and cleaned up all their toys and their bedrooms after breakfast. But it didn’t last. I spoiled them and took them to McD’s for lunch. And they played outside for a bit. Then Jay was ornery and tired. He took a nap but didn’t fall asleep until after 4. And Sai got cranky with me because I wouldn’t let him watch cartoons–he gets super cranky after watching cartoons and won’t turn them off. I started thinking about, and dreading, spring break. What am I going to do with them for NINE DAYS?! I wish we could afford to go away for the break, but even if we could I don’t think we would be able to go because it’s one month before the baby is due. And then I can’t even think about this summer. June, July and August with three kids and I don’t know what else will be thrown our way. I’m just trying to get through April.

I about blew off my dad’s birthday this weekend! I thought about it in the morning and didn’t call. Then it came to me much later that night and I hurried and called as we were getting the boys ready for bed. My poor dad had gotten food poisoning so he didn’t have the best of birthdays. But both of my boys wanted to talk to Grandpa and wish him happy birthday which made me glad because they don’t always like to talk on the phone. And then today is my sister Jenny’s birthday. I wrote it on my hand so I won’t forget. But I’m almost OCD about hand washing so that won’t stay on for long. I did try to call earlier but no answer. So I hope she is doing something fun but more than likely she’s at work.


1 Response to “Major”

  1. 1 Nanno February 19, 2008 at 9:32 am

    WAHOO!! Let’s hope this is the first of many good nights of sleep. You need them before the baby gets here. I agree with the middle of the night blanket toss.

    Dad ended up with a pretty good day and Mom had an excellent day fabric shopping and sewing.

    I’ll have to look into a care package of activities for the boys…
    Well, we haven’t had any more “perfect” nights. This morning he woke up at 5:45, that was still a little too early for my liking. But he is getting better. And taking naps. Maybe he’s going through a growth spurt and needs his sleep!

    I hope you have a good day and that things go well for you. I’m thinking about you! Love ya big sis!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: